Sunday, 16 January 2011

More Talking Tuesday and Thinking Thursday

These are some more "one sentence" stories that people have shared with us. As before, for some of these people it is the only way they can participate in this campaign and for that we thank them.

@pennyessex I worked for 30 years, paid taxes, didn't choose to become disabled, I'm not a scrounger, I'm still ME, treat me respectfully

@MargoMilne1 Since becoming disabled, I feel more and more excluded from society - partly by my condition, partly by society itself

@Romilagupta As a single mum my DLA is a lifeline for myself & my 14 yr old son who acts as my carer. Any cut would devastate us. Young carers do so much and need to be heard. Sam is my little superstar, he never complains. I feel guilty at taking up chunks of his time, he :-) at me

"As a young carer I am faced with complication of juggling caring & MY LIFE, I don't get opportunities some kids take 4 granted" from Sam, aged 14 and a carer for his mum.

@Tabhocle My DLA tribunal will be no earlier than May - a year after I claimed. Thank god my for my friends' support, eh?

@KimbellyBull I wish I could write something but I can't handle that much. You have my full support! These cuts are brutal and people WILL die if they happen

@FunkyFairy22 I've just turned down a day out as no accessible transport. yet PIP would say a wheelchair removes mobility issues. It doesn't make sense.

@CysticFibrosisM Think it's disgraceful what the government plan - always taking from the vulnerable to line their own greedy pockets.

@SeverinCat Once upon a time, I could work, teach, support ppl, enjoy life, feel useful. All that's gone thanks to MS.  Disagreeable? O aye. Grumpy as hell. Barely civil. Hopeless perfectionism still desired but MS makes less feasible. Hate lack of control.  MS might be worst thing perfectionist control freaks can end up with. Everything becomes unpredictable - can never plan or promise.

@yanhadd just to say I don't get DLA ( couldn't face filling in the form and the grilling) but I still support you

@CrazyinCambs Awarded HRM & LRC DLA 5 yrs ago for 3 yrs, for the last 2 years I have been in Tribunal trying to get it back! Nothing changed, got worse

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.