I would like to talk about One Month Before Heartbreak, a wonderful campaign to raise awareness around the DLA reforms and their detrimental effects. I don’t know enough to write about this at length, but please go to the blog and have a read, because it’s incredible what people are going through every day that is simply ignored.
I have learnt so much from people on Twitter and through blogs about these issues, and about the government’s insistence on making those going through these terrible things feel degraded and part of an under class. It is disgusting. It makes me cry my eyes out on a regular basis.
What OMBH does wonderfully is to remind us that DLA doesn’t just exist for others, it is for ALL of us, when we need it, and they have taken an all inclusive stance on campaigning. Having previously been told I couldn’t be part of an equality and diversity scrutiny panel because I ‘couldn’t possibly understand’, this is refreshing and inspiring. Of course I can’t understand, but if I can help in the tiniest of ways then I want to be there.
Today, think about the day that you might need this help, and think about February 14th, when it might all be snatched away.
the original post
I have learnt so much from people on Twitter and through blogs about these issues, and about the government’s insistence on making those going through these terrible things feel degraded and part of an under class. It is disgusting. It makes me cry my eyes out on a regular basis.
What OMBH does wonderfully is to remind us that DLA doesn’t just exist for others, it is for ALL of us, when we need it, and they have taken an all inclusive stance on campaigning. Having previously been told I couldn’t be part of an equality and diversity scrutiny panel because I ‘couldn’t possibly understand’, this is refreshing and inspiring. Of course I can’t understand, but if I can help in the tiniest of ways then I want to be there.
Today, think about the day that you might need this help, and think about February 14th, when it might all be snatched away.
the original post
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.